What does size 5, size 6 and size 7 mean in regards to basketballs and which one is best for me?
- Size 7 is designed for all male players, 13 years and above and is the official size of the NBA game ball. The ball has a circumference of 29.5" and weighs 22oz.
- Size 6 is the official size of all women's leagues and also serves as the appropriate size for male player’s ages of 9 to 12. The ball has a circumference of 28.5" and weighs approximately 20oz.
- Size 5 is designed for youth players 8-9 years. The ball has a circumference of 27.5" and weighs approximately 18oz.
- Size 4 is designed for youth players 7 and under
- Size 3 is designed for youth players, open age and is usually used as a novelty ball
- Size 1 is designed all ages and is usually used as a novelty ball